Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Card sketch #75 - shimmery notes

Here's sketch #75 which measures 4 1/4 by 5 1/2.





The green back ground for the leaves is done with a shimmer mist that I made up from a recipe off of SCS technique challenge thread. It's made of 1/4 teaspoon perfect pearls, 1 ounce of water and about 10 drops of reinker. In this case I used Palette Jardin Moss reinker and green perfect pearls. It's really shimmery in real life but you can see some of it in this picture. I sprayed the shimmer mist onto a piece of card stock very heavily and dried it with my heat gun. Then tore the sides off and sprayed the mist again to get the raw edges good and shimmered up!

The leaves are colored with Copic Ciao markers and then cut out and popped up using foam tape. I used the same stamp for the back ground layers. It is stamped with versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder.

I saved the cute safety pin from a piece of clothing I bought and used it on the top left hand corner with a bow made out of hemp.

Hope everyone is having a great week! We still haven't seen any long lasting signs of summer here in the PNW. Two days of sun, does not make summer! I'm longing for warm weather!



Supplies:
Ivory card stock - paper accents
Green card stock - Bazzill
Leaf stamp - ??? it's for making jewelry with clay found at the bead store
Sentiment - Studio G
Copic Ciao Markers in YG03, YG06 and Y00

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

This is a really great card and sketch Laurie!! I love how you used the leaves and safety pin and hemp, I hope you get your summer soon! You can come to Texas and get some of ours!!

Lisbet said...

Hi hallo...

I found you from Jessica Sprague side - I´m in the class too.

I´m HZDesign.
www.digiscrapp.blogspot.com

Nice to meet you.

By the way - your bloglink doesn´t work. The one under your photo at the forum

laos348 said...

Fabulous job on this. The sketch looks fun and those looks are gorgeous!