Sunday, June 8, 2008

Card Sketch #72

Here's sketch #72 without the sketch - Having technical difficulties! I think you all can figure it out though - It's a pretty simple one!

This is my first sample, and I'm so so with the out come! It's ok, kind of blah and doesn't really float my boat!

The flower is done with markers and the leaves are done with Memories chalk ink. I stamped off the solid leaf first so it would come out a lighter shade of green. Both of these stamps are from The Angel Company and were a limited edition for the month of April. These are smaller versions of a bigger set called Rose Garden. The designer paper along the bottom is also from TAC. I added a strip of grosgrain ribbon down the right hand side and tied a knot around a strip of bright pink that matches the ink on the rose.


This next sample is more to my liking!

The flower is colored with a Copic Marker and then spritzed with rubbing Alcohol to give it a watercolored effect. The designer paper is from Basic Grey and the lime green card stock is from Bazzill. The card base is basic white card stock that I ran throught he swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder. I covered the piece of chipboard (from TAC) window hardware with the same lime green and backed it with the sentiment stamped in Palette Noir on white CS. Lime green brads attach it on to the card.

I hope everyone has a great week!


5 comments:

Leanne said...

I love everything about these cards! Great work!

Dianette Seda said...

I may tell you that I liked most the first card than the second one. Great cards!

BarbL said...

Hi Laurie!
Love the sketch. You have great ideas. I love both cards. You do fabulous work, you know! I like the second card best. I need to get that swiss dot! Maybe if the ribbon on card #1 was on the left?... I don't know... half the time I'm not sure about my own stuff either!

nic_d said...

I love the pinks and greens together! Great cards!

Lorraine said...

love, love, love the second card. great design and color combo!