Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Asian Influence

I just completed this card for the sketch challenge #175 over at SCS. I love how it turned out - very soft and serene. The designer paper is from times to cherish from Current. Great paper - heavy duty card stock in prints and solid papers that came in a pack called Tranquil Garden, which you can view here.

I cut the circle out with my coluzzle, then cut it in half. I added a little light distressing around the edges with Palette French Lilac ink.

The stamped image is done using Marvy LePlume II markers. I colored directly on the stamp, huffed, stamped the image, huffed again and re-stamped the image to give it that ghost like faded look. The Palette french lilac ink is again used to dauber on a light outline around the stamped images.

I found these really cool pearl stick on half round thingies that are from K&Company to add to the left bottom corner. They come in a range of sizes in the package and do come in a lot of different colors, as well. They are so awesome - but on the expensive side!

Hope everyone has a great week - another card sketch coming from me shortly!



Supplies:
Stamp - SU -The art of life
Marvey LePlume II markers
Tranquil Garden designer paper
Palette French Lilac ink
K&Company stick on pearls

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

I really like the soft look and feel of this card. What a great sketch this week - I really need to play along, just don't have time! Beautiful card and love your stamping too!

Trudy Osborn said...

This is so pretty! What a unique sketch

Stampin' Meg said...

Gorgeous card, Laurie. Thanks for the review of the Current paper-I get their cattie but have never ordered but now that you say that it's CS weight I just might!