Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Nugget box with Acetate


I made this 8 nugget box and decided to try putting a cut-out on the top and back it with a transparency. I think it came out very cute and decided it was worth putting on my blog.

Paper is from the Paper Company called Snowflake Stripe. I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities die to cute out the rectangle in the center. I taped a piece of transparency on the back. Make sure to use the red liner double sided tape to get a good hold!

I used Papertrey's Holiday Treats stamp set to make the wrappers for the Hershey's nuggets and for the round sentiment. I used colorbox chalk inks in Wisteria and Azurite that went well with the designer paper. I added two ribbons to match the paper! However, I think I'll take off the purple one and just go with the blue. Keep it simple....hmmm?

6 comments:

Lesa said...

Laurie, I love the colors you used on this one. This is really pretty. I need to stamp. Sigh....

Kerry Johnson said...

This is really pretty! Love the acetate on top - what a nice touch with the scalloped edges!

Marilyn said...

I really like the faux silk technique - I went to your other website to check the technique out - wanna try it sometime soon! Your nugget box is darling too - great idea to use the nestabilities to punch out the center!

laos348 said...

That looks fantastic - what a great idea!

Stacy said...

So cute!! Have a Merry Christmas!

Michelle said...

This is adorable! I love the cut out window. So sweet!