Monday, October 29, 2007

Card Sketch #31 - Tree Silhouettes



Here is card sketch #31.....wow the numbers keep adding up! This is a simple one thats great for it's versatility.



I started off with green cardstock and added some craft cardstock as the top layer. The image is done on white and layered with green CS and red bling by bazzill. The tree silhouette image is from Inkadinkado (called silhouettes) and stamped in colorbox warm green chalk ink. I stamped the image once and then stamped it again, as I did in the previous sketch. I then added some glitter bling to the trees with my stardust pen from Sakura. Can't ya tell I just love this stamp set?!

I stamped the sentiment in the same ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then added ribbon and thought that it needed a little more, so added the bow at the last minute. I also did a little paper piercing in the corners. Overall, I think this card will be great for guy, kind of masculine in it's appearance, except for the bow.

I'm in Richland, Washington for two weeks of training for my new job. I was expecting to see some snow driving over Snoqualamie pass, but nothing yet. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it stays that way until after I have to drive home! So, as you can tell, I've done up a few sketches and cards to share while I'm away. Stay tuned......

1 comment:

abhall76 said...

I love love love love this! Great use of the brown to "tone" down the traditional colors!